Grains, cereals, and pastas
- Hot (oatmeal or grits) and cold cereals (except granola types)
- Rice or noodles (watch out for fat in sauces you may add). Choose whole grain versions like brown rice.
- Whole grain bagels, pita bread, or English muffins.
- Low-fat crackers and breads.
- Soft tortillas – corn or whole wheat.
What foods should be avoided on a low-fat diet?
Read and learn about hide
Limit total intake of fats and oils. Avoid butter, stick margarine, shortening, lard, palm and coconut oils. Limit mayonnaise, salad dressings, gravies and sauces, unless they are homemade with low-fat ingredients.
What are examples of low-fat?
Low-Fat Food List
- Whole Grains.
- Meats and Plant-Based Proteins.
- Milk and Dairy Products.
- Fruits and Vegetables.
- Avoid: Trans Fats.
- Limit: Saturated Fats.
- Use More of: Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fats.
- Yogurt Parfaits.
What can I eat for breakfast on a low-fat diet?
Low-Fat Breakfast Ideas With Fall Ingredients
- Pumpkin oatmeal with fruit and cinnamon (hot or cold)
- Egg white omelette with toast.
- Whole-grain muffins (with protein powder added)
- Fall fruit and spinach smoothie.
- Fat-free Greek yogurt with cinnamon and apples.
- Bean, low-fat cheese, and veggie burrito.
- Pumpkin pancakes.