- milk, cottage cheese, pudding, or yogurt.
- refined white breads, pasta, crackers, and dry cereals that have less than a 1/2 gram of fiber per serving.
- soft and tender cooked meats, such as poultry, eggs, pork, and fish.
- smooth peanut and nut butter.
- fruit juices with no pulp.
What foods should colitis avoid?
Read and learn about hide
Watch out for items that can be troublemakers if you have UC, including:
- Carbonated drinks.
- Dairy products, if you’re lactose intolerant.
- Dried beans, peas, and legumes.
- Dried fruits.
- Foods that have sulfur or sulfate.
- Foods high in fiber.
What is the best drink for colitis?
Recommended fluids include water, broth, tomato juice, or a rehydration solution. Drinking slowly and taking small sips. Avoid using a straw, which can cause you to ingest air, which may cause gas.
What foods make colitis flare up?
According to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, common trigger foods for UC include:
- whole nuts or whole grains.
- fruits with skin and seeds.
- raw cruciferous vegetables (like broccoli and cauliflower)
- lactose (found in dairy)
- non-absorbable sugars (often in fruit juices and ice cream)