What are 3 exercises to strengthen your knee?
- Knee bends – 3 sets of 10 repetitions (reps)
- Thigh contraction – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
- Straight leg raises – 3 sets of 10 reps with each leg.
- Hamstring stretch with thigh contraction – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
- ITB (iliotibial band) – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
What are 5 isometric exercises?
- Wall sit. Wall sits focus on improving the strength in your thighs, specifically your quadriceps muscles.
- High plank hold. The high plank hold is an effective way to engage many muscles in your body.
- Side plank.
- Low squat.
- Overhead hold.
- Glute bridge.
- Calf raise and hold.
How do you do isometric knee extension?
Lie on your back with your resting leg bent. Place a rolled towel under the knee of your affected leg. Pull your toes on your exercising leg towards you. Clench your thigh muscles, pushing the back of your knee into the towel.