- Flat Barbell Bench Press.
- Incline Dumbell Bench Press.
- Bodyweight Dips.
- Cable Chest Fly.
How many exercises should I do on chest day?
You should perform 1-4 chest exercises per workout, with the most optimal range being 2-3 different chest exercises in a single training session. Why? For most lifters, performing any more than 3-4 various movements can result in diminished returns, excessive “trash” volume, and suboptimal quality volume.
Is 4 sets enough for chest?
The general consensus is somewhere between 8 and 32 sets per week for a given muscle group (like the chest muscles) is what is required to create gains in muscle size and strength.
What’s the best chest workout?
- Traditional Pushups. Equipment needed: none.
- Scapular Pushups. Equipment needed: none.
- Wide Grip Chest Press. Equipment needed: Dumbbells, weight bench (optional)
- Narrow Grip Chest Press.
- Incline Bench Press.
- Cable Chest Flys.
- Triceps Dips.