Can you take metformin on a liquid diet?
If you take pills called Metformin (Glucophage®, Glucophage® SA, or Glucovance®): Take your usual doses while on clear liquids, but stop the pills when you begin GoLYTELY or HalfLYTELY.
What drinks are good for diabetics besides water?
- Drink Plain Water, Which Has a Neutral Effect on Blood Sugar.
- Drink Cow’s Milk, Which Also Provides Protein and Calcium.
- Don’t Drink Sugar-Sweetened Sodas or Teas.
- Drink Artificially Sweetened Drinks — Maybe.
- Drink Tomato Juice Instead of Sugary Fruit Juice.
- Drink Unsweetened Coffee and Tea — in Small Amounts.
How can I flush sugar out of my system fast?
Studies show that drinking plenty of water helps glucose flush out of the blood. The average person should aim for eight glasses per day. Drinking plenty of water while you are indulging your sweet tooth — and throughout the day after — will help your body get back to normal.