Can you have ghee on the carnivore diet?
For butter and ghee, go grass-fed. Though cheese is technically allowed on some versions of the carnivore diet, it is likely best to eliminate it, at least in the beginning, then observe your digestion if it’s re-introduced.
What dairy can you have on Carnivore Diet?
Choose full-fat options where possible, like real butter, full fat cream, sour cream, Greek yogurt and high-fat cheeses. Try to limit regular milk, reduced fat and skim milk as they contain a lot of sugar. For cooking, use butter, duck fat, ghee, lard, schmaultz, chicken fat, suet and tallow.
Which butter is best for you?
- Smart Balance Original Buttery Spread.
- Earth Balance Pressed Avocado Oil Spread.
- Carrington Farms Organic Ghee.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Original Spray.
- Benecol Buttery Spread (includes plant stanols)