How do I start the Mediterranean diet?
- Focus on whole foods.
- Make vegetables the main part of your meal.
- Swap red meat for fish.
- Cook with olive oil instead of butter.
- Rethink your dairy.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains.
- Snack on nuts.
- Skip the sugar (most of the time)
What are the top 10 foods on a Mediterranean diet?
- Berries. Due to their high fiber and antioxidant content, berries are one of the best fruits to consume on a Mediterranean diet.
- Greek yogurt.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Whole grains like quinoa.
- Leafy greens.
- Beans like chickpeas.
What does a week of Mediterranean diet look like?
Eat SOME seafood and omega-3-rich foods (2 to 3 times per week) – Fish (preferably fatty fish like salmon and mackerel, but you can use white fish varieties as well), nuts, and seeds. If it works for you, try to eat these 2 to 3 times a week. Eat SOME poultry, eggs, and dairy (1 to 2 times per week).