What is the fastest way to cure a hiatal hernia?
- losing weight (if needed)
- decreasing food portion sizes.
- eating several smaller meals throughout the day (as opposed to a few large meals)
- elevating the head of your bed by 8 inches.
- avoiding meals 2 to 3 hours before bedtime or before lying down.
Can exercise make a hiatal hernia worse?
Exercises to avoid when you have a hernia
There are certain exercises and activities that you should avoid when dealing with a hernia. Some of these include: Heavy exertion exercises, such as weightlifting, that cause you to strain. Overstretching your abdominal wall.
What relaxes a hiatal hernia?
To reduce hiatal hernia symptoms, consider over-the-counter medications such as antacids or H2 blockers. These can be used to relieve heartburn and acid reflux attacks.