How much weight can you lose on a liquid diet for 3 days?
The 3-Day Diet claims dieters can lose up to 10 pounds in three days. Weight loss is possible on The 3 Day Diet, but only because it is very low in calories. And realistically, most of that weight is likely water weight and not fat loss because the diet is so low in carbohydrates.
What can I eat on a liquid diet to lose weight?
- Water (plain, carbonated or flavored)
- Fruit juices without pulp, such as apple or white grape juice.
- Fruit-flavored beverages, such as fruit punch or lemonade.
- Carbonated drinks, including dark sodas (cola and root beer)
- Tea or coffee without milk or cream.
- Strained tomato or vegetable juice.
How much weight can you lose on liquid diet for 2 weeks?
Many liquid diet plans start out at only 400 to 800 calories a day. Replacing meals with high protein shakes eliminates excess calories and fat from your diet and leads to weight loss. When you reduce calories and remove the option of food, you can expect to lose three to four pounds a week.