6 Proven Exercises for Building Strong Feet and Ankles
- Toe pick-ups/curls. Place several small objects, like marbles or Monopoly pieces, on the floor in front of you.
- Bent-knee wall stretch.
- Negative calf raises.
- Towel tug.
- Ankle pump up and down.
- Foot roll.
How do you strengthen tendons and ligaments in the foot?
Read and learn about hide
Exercises for strength
- Sit in a straight backed chair, with the feet gently resting on the floor.
- Spread the toes apart as far as possible without straining. Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this motion 10 times.
- Once a person has built up their strength, they can try looping a rubber band around the toes.
How do I regain mobility in my feet?
How can I strengthen my lower legs and feet?
- Sit on a chair up straight with your feet flat on the ground.
- Raise your heels upwards, while keeping your toes on the floor.
- Lower your heels back to the ground.
- Once comfortable doing this exercise press down onto your knees and bring your leg up against the resistance of you hands.