- Lunge. Lunges work the lead glute and quad muscles (including the rectus femoris, which is also a hip flexor).
- Floor-sliding mountain climbers.
- Straight-leg raise.
- Psoas hold.
How do you tell if your hip flexors are weak?
Lie down flat on the back, bringing one leg to the chest, using the hands. If it is difficult to keep the leg up close to the chest after letting go of it, a weak hip flexor may be the culprit.
How can I train my hip flexors at home?
Seated Hip Flexor Exercise
With one foot on the floor, raise the other leg so it is straight in front of you, parallel to the floor. Keeping it straight, raise it until your leg is waist high, then lower it so it is parallel to the floor. Repeat 2 sets of 10 repetitions on each leg.
How do you strengthen weak hip flexors?
- Hug the other knee to your chest.
- Engage your core and turn the other leg slightly outwards.
- Begin to slowly lift your leg off the ground.
- Hold for one second and then slowly lower leg to the ground.
- Perform 2-4 sets per side until failure.