- Stand with your feet under your shoulders.
- Use a neutral grip position to hold dumbbells with your palms facing inward.
- Raise your arms up and to the sides at a 45-degree angle.
- Pause before slowly lowering your arms to the starting position.
- Do 2 to 3 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions.
How do I make my shoulders wider naturally?
- Try side laterals. One good exercise for building up your shoulder muscles is the side lateral raise.
- Perform upright rows with a wide grip.
- Try some rear deltoid raises.
- Perform front deltoid raises.
- Do overhead presses.
- Try wide-grip pull-ups.
- Perform pike-style push-ups.
What causes shoulders to widen?
Having broader shoulders is a masculine trait. During puberty, testosterone causes our shoulders to grow broader, whereas estrogen causes our hips to grow wider. Men tend to have more testosterone and less estrogen than women, so men develop more of a V-tapered physique, whereas women develop more hourglass shapes.
Why are shoulders so hard to build?
But shoulders are also a tricky joint that requires extra-special attention. The shoulder is a multifaceted junction where power and vulnerability live close to each other. You can make big strides or big mistakes in shoulder training, simply by altering your exercises by a few inches.