- Hold ice or cool compresses to your skin.
- Take an antibiotic if your skin becomes infected.
- Take an over-the-counter antihistamine to relieve the redness and itch.
How do you detox from topical steroids?
- Slowly stopping the use of steroid creams. Gradually stopping topical steroid creams can help manage TSW.
- Immediately stopping the use of steroid creams.
- Taking oral corticosteroids.
- Using cold compresses.
- Taking antibiotics.
- Receiving a dupilumab injection.
How long does it take to detox from topical steroids?
An analysis of numerous medical journal articles and studies related to TSW found that TSW recovery does often take more than three months.
Does diet affect TSW?
Wheat and products containing wheat can increase the itch and TSW because they are strongly to the body and wheat sensitivity is common in people who have TSW or eczema. Some also need to avoid gluten. For those who are fine with gluten, wheat-free alternatives include gluten-free oats, spelt, rye and barley.