- Limit purine-rich foods. You can limit the source of uric acid in your diet.
- Avoid sugar. Sugary foods.
- Drink more water.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Drink coffee.
- Lose weight.
- Manage blood sugar.
- Add more fiber to your diet.
What to avoid eating if uric acid is high?
Avoid meats such as liver, kidney and sweetbreads, which have high purine levels and contribute to high blood levels of uric acid. Red meat. Limit serving sizes of beef, lamb and pork.
What food causes high uric acid?
- Seafood (especially salmon, shrimp, lobster and sardines).
- Red meat.
- Organ meats like liver.
- Food and drinks with high fructose corn syrup, and alcohol (especially beer, including non-alcohol beer).
What is the best drink for uric acid?
A 2017 study found that lemon juice and lemon extract helped lower uric acid levels in the blood. Adults with high uric acid levels drank freshly squeezed lemon juice (equivalent to a lemon a day) every day for 6 weeks.