- Listen to yourself. When you get upset, frustrated, or feel emotional pain, what kinds of things are happening around you?
- Build a new set of caregivers.
- Try inner child therapy.
- Reimagine your childhood.
- Talk to your loved ones.
- Remember how to play.
What are inner child exercises?
Inner child exercises — like self-compassion, the butterfly hug, and writing letters to your younger self — can help you heal from painful childhood experiences.
How do I reconnect with my inner child?
- Be creative. Engaging in any artistic activity or game requires us to apply our imagination, loosen our defences, and tap into our emotions.
- Contact with children.
- Falling in love.
- Tap into childhood memories.
- See a therapist.
How do you heal subconscious trauma from childhood?
- Acknowledge and recognize the trauma for what it is.
- Reclaim control.
- Seek support and don’t isolate yourself.
- Take care of your health.
- Learn the true meaning of acceptance and letting go.
- Replace bad habits with good ones.
- Be patient with yourself.