- Lean forward and place one hand on a counter or table for support. Let your other arm hang freely at your side.
- Gently swing your arm forward and back. Repeat the exercise moving your arm side-to-side, and repeat again in a circular motion.
- Repeat the entire sequence with the other arm.
What are the external shoulder rotators?
Read and learn about hide
Conclusion: The infraspinatus and teres minor are the main shoulder external rotators.
How do you activate an external rotator?
How do you strengthen external hip rotators?
Exercise 1: Clamshell
- Lie on your left side with your legs stacked.
- Use your left arm to prop up your head.
- Keeping your feet together, move your right knee upward as high as you can, opening your legs.
- Pause with your right knee lifted, then return your right leg to the starting position.
- Repeat 20 to 30 times.