- Knee lifts. Knee lifts stretch your hip flexors, thigh muscles, and gluteal muscles.
- Leg raises. Leg raises to build strength in your hip muscles.
- Butterfly pose.
- Seated marching.
- Hip circles.
How can I strengthen my hip area?
- Begin by lying on your back with your arms by your sides. Your knees should point towards the ceiling.
- Using your arms for support, slowly push your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Hold for a few seconds and then slowly bring your hips back down to the floor.
What causes weak hip muscles?
Underuse of the muscles or sitting down for extended periods can cause weak hip flexors. Conditions such as and osteoarthritis can also cause weakness in this muscle group.
How long does it take to strengthen your hips?
Developing greater strength and endurance of the hip stability muscles tends to occur between three and six weeks.