- Fruit juices without pulp, such as filtered apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, and pulp-free lemonade.
- Fruit punch or fruit drinks with no pulp or pieces.
- Hot or cold coffee or tea (do not add milk or creamers of any type)
- Sodas (lemon-lime soda, cola, ginger ale)
- Sports drinks.
How do I survive a clear liquid diet for a colonoscopy?
- Popsicles that have no fruit or cream or red or purple dye.
- Jell-O without fruit and no red or purple dye.
- Boost Breeze Tropical Juice drink.
- Clear juices such as white cranberry, apple, white grape, and lemonade without pulp.
- Fat-free, clear broths such as bouillon or consommé
How long can you live on a clear liquid diet?
The clear liquids diet does not provide enough energy, protein and many other nutrients for daily use. This diet is temporary and should not be used for more than 5 days. If you are on this diet for more than 5 days, your doctor and/or dietitian will tell you which supplement to use.
Do you still poop on a clear liquid diet?
A: You probably will stop moving your bowels within a couple of hours of finishing the preparation. However, people are different and some will continue to pass liquid bowel movements right up to the time of the procedure.