- Start gradually.
- Stock up on healthy foods.
- Plan your daily meals in advance (Do meal prep 2 times per week)
- Replace animal ingredients with healthy plant-based food.
- Don’t be afraid of volume when eating plant-based!
What is the easiest way to start a plant-based diet?
- Use salad as a base. Start with greens like spinach or romaine lettuce.
- Eat whole grains for breakfast. Start your day with quinoa, oatmeal, buckwheat, or barley.
- Eat fruit for dessert.
- Plan it out.
What happens to your body when you start a plant-based diet?
Plants are high in fiber.
Eating a plant-based diet improves the health of your gut so you are better able to absorb the nutrients from food that support your immune system and reduce inflammation. Fiber can lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar and it’s great for good bowel management.
Do you eat bread on a plant-based diet?
Yes, vegans can eat bread. At its core, a basic bread recipe contains just four simple ingredients: flour, water, salt, and yeast — all of which are vegan-friendly. Flour is simply a mixture of ground grains, making it entirely plant-based.