Can you lose weight fast on a liquid diet?
“Long-term, liquid-only diets do not provide sustainable weight loss because when a person drastically reduces their calories, it tends to also slow down their metabolism.” So, when you stop the liquid diet, weight gain typically happens.
What is the best liquid diet to lose weight?
- Water (plain, carbonated or flavored)
- Fruit juices without pulp, such as apple or white grape juice.
- Fruit-flavored beverages, such as fruit punch or lemonade.
- Carbonated drinks, including dark sodas (cola and root beer)
- Tea or coffee without milk or cream.
- Strained tomato or vegetable juice.
How much weight can you lose on a liquid diet in a week?
Many liquid diet plans start out at only 400 to 800 calories a day. Replacing meals with high protein shakes eliminates excess calories and fat from your diet and leads to weight loss. When you reduce calories and remove the option of food, you can expect to lose three to four pounds a week.