What are the symptoms of too much exercise?
- Being unable to perform at the same level.
- Needing longer periods of rest.
- Feeling tired.
- Being depressed.
- Having mood swings or irritability.
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Feeling sore muscles or heavy limbs.
- Getting overuse injuries.
How many exercises a day is too much?
3-4 exercises per workout is enough to accomplish your fitness goals. If you program your workout correctly, more than 4 exercises per day can become counterproductive. You only need to focus on 6 major movement patterns when selecting your exercises.
How many hours of exercise is too much?
While exercise has more plusses than a math workbook, you can take it too far: If you burn more than 6,500 calories a week with exercise (that’s roughly 13 hours) or if you do more than two hours in a row of straight cardiovascular training.