What should I feed my dog for a raw diet?
- Muscle meat, often still on the bone.
- Bones, either whole or ground.
- Organ meats such as livers and kidneys.
- Raw eggs.
- Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and celery.
- Apples or other fruit.
- Some dairy, such as yogurt.
Do vets recommend raw diet for dogs?
The American Kennel Club (AKC), American Veterinary Medical Association and other groups discourage pet owners from feeding dogs raw or unprocessed meat, eggs and milk. Raw meat and dairy can carry pathogens, like E. coli, listeria and salmonella, which can make pets and people sick or even cause death.
Can I feed my dog raw food everyday?
You can’t feed your dog a high-quality raw steak and call it a day; you have to ensure that the dog’s diet is nutritionally balanced. Incomplete or unbalanced diets can cause lifelong health problems from deficiencies or malnutrition.