How do you heal a sprained wrist fast?
- Rest your wrist for at least 48 hours.
- Ice your wrist to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress the wrist with a bandage.
- Elevate your wrist above your heart, on a pillow or the back of a chair.
- Take anti-inflammatory painkillers.
- Use a cast or splint to keep your wrist immobile.
How long does a sprain wrist take to heal?
Your wrist hurts because you have stretched or torn ligaments, which connect the bones in your wrist. Wrist sprains usually take from 2 to 10 weeks to heal, but some take longer. Usually, the more pain you have, the more severe your wrist sprain is and the longer it will take to heal.
Is it good to massage a sprained wrist?
Chronic Stage – Wrist Sprain
However, massage can indirectly help a ligamentous sprain by improving the ability of a muscle to contract and stabilize the region by removing pain and dysfunction due to tightness and myofascial trigger points.