- Towel stretch. Sit with your leg straight in front of you. Place a rolled towel under the ball of your foot, holding the towel at both ends.
- Calf stretch. Stand facing a wall with your hands on the wall at about eye level. Put the leg you want to stretch about a step behind your other leg.
How do you rehabilitate an ankle?
- Trace the alphabet with your toe, which encourages ankle movement in all directions. Trace the alphabet 1 to 3 times.
- Sit in a chair with your foot flat on the floor. Slowly move your knee side to side while keeping your foot pressed flat. Continue for 2 to 3 minutes.
Is walking good for ankle rehab?
Exercise can restore strength and balance, while preventing the muscles in the area from weakening. This can reduce the risk of another sprain. After the swelling goes down and walking is comfortable, it may be a good idea to start exercising the ankle.
How do you strengthen a weak ankle?
- Lose Weight.
- Use Correct Footwear.
- Warm Up and Cool Down When Exercising.
- Write the Alphabet Using Your Toes.
- Standing Calf Raises (Standing on Tiptoes)
- Flex and Stretch (Pointing the Feet)