- Lowering the barbell toward your chest in a bench press.
- Lowering into a parallel squat position in a squat.
- Lowering into the bottom of a pushup.
- Bringing a barbell back to the ground at the end of a deadlift.
- Lowering your torso back to the ground in a situp.
How do you increase eccentric hamstring strength?
Is a hamstring curl eccentric or concentric?
While concentric contraction, or positive work, refers to the shortening of a muscle, such as curling the weight in a bicep curl. The Nordic ham curl is an eccentric exercise because the hamstring muscles lengthen as you slowly lower your bodyweight to the ground.
What are 5 exercises for hamstrings?
- Romanian Deadlifts. Romanian deadlifts (or stiff leg deadlifts) are great for working your hamstrings.
- Bulgarian Split Squats.
- Lying Leg Curls.
- Kettlebell Swings.
- Back Squat.
- Which is your favourite hamstring exercise?