- Hot (oatmeal or grits) and cold cereals (except granola types)
- Rice or noodles (watch out for fat in sauces you may add). Choose whole grain versions like brown rice.
- Whole grain bagels, pita bread, or English muffins.
- Low-fat crackers and breads.
- Soft tortillas – corn or whole wheat.
What is the best diet for low-fat?
Eat mostly plant foods (such as vegetables, fruits, and whole grains) and a moderate amount of lean and low-fat, animal-based food (meat and dairy products) to help control your fat, cholesterol, carbs, and calories. When you’re shopping, choose fish, poultry, and lean meats. Limit these to 5-7 ounces per day.
What foods should be avoided on a low fat diet?
Limit total intake of fats and oils. Avoid butter, stick margarine, shortening, lard, palm and coconut oils. Limit mayonnaise, salad dressings, gravies and sauces, unless they are homemade with low-fat ingredients.
What is considered a low-fat dinner?
Low fat foods are those that have 30% of their calories or less from fats. So, if a food contains fewer than 3 grams of fat per 100 calories, it is a low fat food. To determine if a food is low fat, a person can read its nutrition label.