Here are some of the most common:
- WOD: Workout of the Day.
- EMOM: Every Minute on the Minute.
- AMRAP: As Many Reps as Possible.
- Box: A CrossFit gym with the bare necessities to perform all the WODs.
- Ladder: A series of exercises where you increase the number of reps by 1 each time they are performed.
What are the 9 foundational movements of CrossFit?
Read and learn about hide
The Importance of the 9 Fundamental Movements of CrossFit
- SQUATS: Air Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat.
- PRESSES: Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk.
- DEADLIFTS: Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift High Pull, Medicine Ball Clean.
What is the hardest workout in CrossFit?
Here Are the 10 Tough CrossFit Workouts For You to Try
- Kalsu. For time: 100 thrusters (135/95 lbs) 5 burpess to start and at the top of every minute.
- Murph. For time: 1 mile run (1.6 km) 100 pull-ups.
- JT. 21-15-9 reps for time: Handstand push-ups. Ring dips.
- Filthy 50. For time: 50 box jumps (24/20 in)
- Mat Fraser’s Hardest WOD.
What type of movements are in CrossFit?
CrossFit.com also has functional movement demos of the nine foundational CrossFit Exercises, which include:
- The Air Squat. https://youtu.be/C_VtOYc6j5c.
- The Front Squat. https://youtu.be/m4ytaCJZpl0.
- The Overhead Squat.
- The Shoulder Press.
- The Push Press.
- The Push Jerk.
- The Deadlift.
- The Sumo Deadlift High Pull.