- Pro: Vegans are at reduced risk for illness.
- Con: Vegan diets can lack essential nutrients.
- Pro: Veganism can aid with weight loss.
- Con: Vegan diets aren’t recommended for people with certain health conditions.
- Pro: It’s better for animal welfare.
What are some negatives of being vegan?
- You could gain weight.
- It lacks nutrients.
- You lose your most prominent source of Vitamin B12.
- You lose your primary source of Omega-3s.
- It can set unrealistic expectations.
- It can cause gas and bloating.
- It could interfere with medications.
Is it healthier to be vegan or not?
A vegan diet can be healthy as it is typically higher in fiber and lower in cholesterol than an omnivorous diet. As a result, some studies find a vegan diet lowers the risk of heart disease and premature death, helps manage type 2 diabetes and reduces the risk of cancer.
What are the pros of a vegan diet?
- Promote weight loss.
- Reduce your risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels.
- Lower your chances of getting certain types of cancer, such as colon cancer.
- Manage diabetes by lowering A1C levels.