5 Physical Therapy Exercises to Reduce Knee Pain
- Straight Leg Raises. Straight leg raises improve the strength in your quadriceps, which can support knee health, even if you currently have knee pain.
- The Bridge.
- Prone Straight Leg Raises.
- Wall Squats.
- Step Ups.
What are 3 exercises to strengthen your knee?
Read and learn about hide
Knee exercises for runners
- Knee bends – 3 sets of 10 repetitions (reps)
- Thigh contraction – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
- Straight leg raises – 3 sets of 10 reps with each leg.
- Hamstring stretch with thigh contraction – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
- ITB (iliotibial band) – 3 sets of 15 seconds with each leg.
How can I rehab my knee at home?
- Lie on your side with your injured leg on top and the bottom leg bent to provide support.
- Straighten your top leg and slowly raise it to 45°, keeping your knee straight, but not locked.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Slowly lower your leg and relax it for 2 seconds. Repeat.
What is the best exercise for hurting knees?
Here are some exercises you can do if you have bad knees that will also help reduce pain.
- Walking. Walking is a low-impact activity that doesn’t put too much stress on your knees and can help strengthen the muscles in that area.
- Lateral Walk.
- Monster Walk.
- Donkey Kicks.
- Fire Hydrants.
- Warm-Up Stretches.
- Water Aerobics.