What grains are low in methionine?
- Cooked Pearled Barley. (Barley Pearled Cooked)
- Rice Noodles (Cooked) (Rice Noodles Cooked)
- Whole Grain Sorghum Flour. (Sorghum Flour Whole-Grain)
- Cooked Pasta (Unenriched)
- Medium Grain White Rice.
- Canned Hominy.
- Gluten Free Corn Noodles (Cooked)
- Yellow Cornmeal (Grits)
Do Sweet potatoes contain methionine?
Essential Amino Acid Profiles of Potatoes.
|Complete Protein (min %)||1.6|
|White Potato protein (%)||2.71|
|Sweet Potato protein (%)||3.27|
How do you lower methionine?
For most people, simply eating a plant-based diet is likely sufficient for reducing methionine intake. Those with metabolic disorders or other conditions that may warrant methionine restriction can further restrict methionine by limiting high methionine plant-based foods.