- lean meats, such as sirloin, chicken breast, or pork.
- leafy green vegetables.
- cauliflower and broccoli.
- nuts and seeds, including nut butter.
- oils, such as coconut oil, olive oil, and rapeseed oil.
- some fruit, such as apples, blueberries, and strawberries.
How many carbs should I eat in a day to lose weight?
For people who are physically active or want to maintain their weight, a range of 100–150 grams of carbs per day may have benefits. For those aiming to lose weight quickly, going under 50 grams per day under the guidance of a healthcare provider may help.
How do I start a lower carb diet?
- Curb sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Eat less refined bread.
- Reconsider fruit juice.
- Choose low carb snacks.
- Focus on low carb breakfasts.
- Try sugar alternatives.
- Rethink restaurant meals.
- Substitute alternative flours.
What happens on a low-carb diet?
You Might Get the “Keto Flu”
Ketosis can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches, which can feel a lot like flu symptoms. More serious side effects can happen too, like stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting.