Allowed fresh foods
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, seeds, legumes and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms.
- Lean, nonprocessed meats, fish and poultry.
- Most low-fat dairy products.
What common meals are gluten-free?
- Super greens frittata slice.
- Sicilian salmon and cauliflower tray bake.
- Slow cooker French onion pork roast.
- Gluten-free bolognaise bake.
- Gluten-free paprika fish with broccoli tabouleh.
- Asian chicken soup.
- Polenta, cheese and mushroom pizza.
- Crispy crumbed chicken and slaw.
Are potatoes gluten?
Potatoes in their raw form do not contain any gluten and are therefore perfectly suitable for Coeliacs and anyone with special dietary needs. What you do need to be careful about is how they are prepared as any additional ingredients used could contain gluten, providing a ‘back door’ for them.
Can you lose weight on a gluten-free diet?
Although a gluten-free diet is the primary treatment for celiac disease and may help to alleviate symptoms in various conditions related to gluten sensitivity, there is currently no evidence showing that a gluten-free diet is effective for weight loss or for general health benefits.