- Meat (preferably grass-fed) and fish.
- Vegetables, excluding nightshade vegetables.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Fruit in small quantities.
- Coconut milk.
- Avocado, olive, and coconut oil.
- Dairy-free fermented foods (such as kombucha, sauerkraut, kefir made with coconut milk, or kimchi)
How do you start a autoimmune protocol diet?
To begin your AIP diet, eliminate eggs, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, added sweeteners, alcohol, nightshade veggies, and processed foods (check the box below for a list of foods to eat or avoid). If you’re already following Paleo principles, you’ll likely already be gluten-free and dairy-free.
What foods can you not eat on the AIP diet?
- Nuts and seeds.
- Vegetable oils.
- Beans and legumes.
- Artificial sweeteners like stevia, xylitol.
- Dairy like milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Fruit that is dried or canned.
What foods trigger autoimmune response?
While everyone’s trigger foods will be different depending on their autoimmune disorders, Favela says there are certain foods to avoid with autoimmune disease, such as grains, gluten, dairy, refined and added sugars, alcohol, coffee, and nightshades for a period of time and then reintroducing them slowly when symptoms