- Barley and other whole grains.
- Eggplant and okra.
- Vegetable oils.
- Apples, grapes, strawberries, citrus fruits.
- Foods fortified with sterols and stanols.
What is the best diet to lower cholesterol quickly?
- Reduce saturated fats. Saturated fats, found primarily in red meat and full-fat dairy products, raise your total cholesterol.
- Eliminate trans fats.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Increase soluble fiber.
- Add whey protein.
What are the worst foods for high cholesterol?
- Red meat. Beef, pork, and lamb are generally high in saturated fat.
- Fried foods. Foods that have taken a dip in the deep fryer, like chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, and onion rings are among the worst when it comes to cholesterol.
- Processed meats.
- Baked goods.
What foods should I avoid to lower my cholesterol?
Limit total intake of fats and oils. Avoid butter, stick margarine, shortening, lard, palm and coconut oils. Limit mayonnaise, salad dressings, gravies and sauces, unless they are homemade with low-fat ingredients. Limit chocolate.