- Whole-grain breads and cereals and foods made with 100% whole wheat, oats, quinoa, brown rice, corn, and cornmeal.
- Dried beans, lentils, and peas.
- Fresh (or frozen) fruits like berries, apples, pears, and oranges.
- Dairy products including yogurt, milk, and cheese.
What should a type 2 diabetes avoid eating?
- high fat meat (fatty cuts of pork, beef, and lamb, poultry skin, dark meat chicken)
- full-fat dairy (whole milk, butter, cheese, sour cream)
- sweets (candy, cookies, baked goods, ice cream, desserts)
- sugar-sweetened beverages (juice, soda, sweet tea, sports drinks)
What 10 foods should diabetics avoid?
- Processed meats.
- Full-fat dairy products.
- Packaged snacks and processed baked goods.
- White carbohydrates.
- Sweetened breakfast cereals.
- Dried fruits.
- French fries.
- Higher-fat cuts of meat.
What is the number 1 vegetable to avoid?
Nightshade vegetables, like peppers, potatoes, and eggplant, are are controversial, because many claim they can cause inflammation, according to Cynthia Sass, a registered dietician. This can lead to some pretty serious complications down the line: heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, to name a few.