- Whole grains such as oatmeal, couscous and brown rice.
- Root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots and beets.
- Green vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli and green beans.
What foods can worsen GERD?
- Fatty or fried foods.
- Spicy or minty foods.
- Foods with a tomato base, such as pizza, chili, pasta sauce or salsa.
- Citrus fruits.
Can GERD be healed with diet?
Making just a few, simple modifications to your current diet is often enough to help reduce the discomforts of GERD. The goal is to create a diet based on a healthy variety of foods that include fruits and vegetables, lean sources of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
What foods arent good for GERD?
- Carbonated beverages.
- Citrus fruits and juices.
- Tomatoes and tomato-based foods.