- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, seeds, legumes and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms.
- Lean, nonprocessed meats, fish and poultry.
- Most low-fat dairy products.
What foods do you avoid on a gluten-free diet?
Wheat, rye, and barley are the major foods that need to be avoided while following a gluten-free diet. Gluten is also commonly added to processed foods, such as canned and boxed items. Furthermore, some grains, such as oats, may be cross-contaminated with gluten, depending on where they were processed.
How do I start gluten-free diet?
- STEP 1: Learn What Foods to Include or Avoid.
- STEP 2: Carefully Read Food Labels.
- STEP 3: Explore Gluten-Free Goods.
- STEP 4: Watch Out for Cross-Contact with Gluten.
- STEP 5: Join a GIG Support Group.
Are potatoes gluten-free?
Potatoes in their raw form do not contain any gluten and are therefore perfectly suitable for Coeliacs and anyone with special dietary needs.