8 Exercises for Abs: The Pros Share Their Favorites
- Crunch. “The ab exercise that all other ab exercises are measured against is the simple crunch,” Weil says.
- The plank.
- Bicycle maneuver.
- Captain’s chair.
- Back extensions.
- Crunches on an exercise ball.
- Vertical leg crunches.
- Reverse crunches.
How do I get abs very fast?
Read and learn about hide
- Check your diet. Getting a six-pack requires lowering your body fat percentage.
- Do cardio. Cardio can help you achieve a low body fat percentage, which is key for having a visible six-pack, Root says.
- Build your core.
- Heel tap.
- Leg lower.
- Side plank dips.
- Russian twists.
- Oblique crunch.
What are the top 3 exercises for abs?
Opt for these five exercises to maximize your workout time instead:
- The plank. Plank.
- The bicycle crunch. Why: In the San Diego study, this exercise was the second highest in terms of strengthening the obliques in participants.
- Side plank.
- Vertical leg crunch.
- Reverse crunch.
How do you get abs in 7 days?
Rest for up to 60 seconds in-between each circuit.
- Side Plank – 20 (10 each side) Rest – 10 seconds.
- Side Burpees – 10 reps (5 each side) Rest – 30 seconds.
- Prone Plank – Hold 1 minute. No rest.
- Russian Twist – 50 reps (25 each side)