- Coffee. Coffee is one of the best beverages you can drink to promote liver health.
- Blueberries and cranberries.
- Prickly pear.
- Beetroot juice.
- Cruciferous vegetables.
What foods are hard on the liver?
- Alcohol. Alcohol can be a major cause of fatty liver disease as well as other liver diseases.
- Added sugar. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices.
- Fried foods. These are high in fat and calories.
- Added salt.
- White bread, rice, and pasta.
- Red meat.
What is balanced diet for liver?
A balanced diet gives your body the nutrients needed for optimum health from consuming the following foods in moderation: lean proteins, legumes, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
How do I make my liver healthy again?
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid toxins.
- Use alcohol responsibly.
- Avoid the use of illicit drugs.
- Avoid contaminated needles.
- Get medical care if you’re exposed to blood.