20 Healthful Foods for Fighting Kidney Disease
- Blueberries. Blueberries and other dark berries like strawberries and raspberries are among the best sources of antioxidants to help protect your kidneys.
- Olive Oil.
- Bell Peppers.
- Skinless Chicken.
What foods are hard on the kidneys?
Read and learn about hide
Here are 17 foods that you should likely avoid on a renal diet.
- Dark-colored soda. In addition to the calories and sugar that sodas provide, they harbor additives that contain phosphorus, especially dark-colored sodas.
- Canned foods.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice.
- Oranges and orange juice.
How can I boost my kidneys?
What can I do to keep my kidneys healthy?
- Make healthy food choices.
- Make physical activity part of your routine.
- Aim for a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep.
- Stop smoking.
- Limit alcohol intake link.
- Explore stress-reducing activities.
- Manage diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
How can I make my kidneys better?
Here are some tips to help keep your kidneys healthy.
- Keep active and fit.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Monitor blood pressure.
- Monitor weight and eat a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Don’t smoke.
- Be aware of the amount of OTC pills you take.
- Have your kidney function tested if you’re at high risk.