20 Healthful Foods for Fighting Kidney Disease
- Blueberries. Blueberries and other dark berries like strawberries and raspberries are among the best sources of antioxidants to help protect your kidneys.
- Olive Oil.
- Bell Peppers.
- Skinless Chicken.
What can a kidney disease person eat?
Read and learn about hide
Diabetes & CKD Foods
- Fruits: berries, grapes, cherries, apples, plums.
- Veggies: cauliflower, onions, eggplant, turnips.
- Proteins: lean meats (poultry, fish), eggs, unsalted seafood.
- Carbs: white bread, bagels, sandwich buns, unsalted crackers, pasta.
- Drinks: water, clear diet sodas, unsweetened tea.
What foods should be avoided for kidney disease?
Here are 17 foods that you should likely avoid on a renal diet.
- Dark-colored soda. In addition to the calories and sugar that sodas provide, they harbor additives that contain phosphorus, especially dark-colored sodas.
- Canned foods.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice.
- Oranges and orange juice.
What are the 10 best foods for kidney disease?
10 Superfoods for People with Kidney Disease
- Cabbage. With abundant phytochemicals, this cruciferous vegetable is filling and nutritious.
- Red Peppers. Also low in potassium but high in flavor.
- Egg Whites.
- Red Grapes.