- Fruits: Most fruits, excluding citrus fruits.
- Vegetables: Most vegetables, excluding nightshades.
- Grains: Including rice and buckwheat.
- Meat and fish: Including turkey, lamb, wild game and cold-water fish like salmon.
What is the best way to start an elimination diet?
- Consult with your healthcare provider.
- Remove possible triggers from your diet.
- Follow the prescribed diet for one to two months.
- Keep a food journal.
- One at a time, add each food back in.
Is oatmeal OK on elimination diet?
Eliminate all dairy products, including milk, cream, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, butter, ice cream, and frozen yogurt. Eliminate gluten, avoiding any foods that contain wheat, spelt, kamut, oats, rye, barley, or malt. This is the most important part of the diet.
How do you do the 6 food elimination diet?
The Elimination diet requires you avoid the top 6 food allergens (milk, wheat, soy, eggs, peanut/tree nuts, and fish/shellfish) for a period of 6-8 weeks. 2. After the elimination phase, an endoscopy is performed and biopsies are obtained to assess the response to the diet.