Fresh fruits and vegetables. Whole grains (whole-wheat bread, brown rice, oats, bran cereal) Lean meat, poultry, and fish. Low-fat dairy products.
What foods to avoid if you have gallbladder problems?
- Chocolate, whole milk, ice cream, processed cheese, and egg yolks.
- Fried, deep fried, or buttered foods.
- Sausage, salami, and bacon.
- Cinnamon rolls, cakes, pies, cookies, and other pastries.
- Prepared snack foods, such as potato chips, nut and granola bars, and mixed nuts.
What foods will trigger a gallbladder attack?
Fatty, sugary, processed foods are the worst foods to eat when your gall bladder is acting up. Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and legumes will help reduce the frequency and severity of your gallbladder attacks. Diets high in fat and cholesterol may contribute to the development of gallstones.
How do you cleanse your gallbladder?
In most cases, a gallbladder cleanse involves eating or drinking a combination of olive oil, herbs and some type of fruit juice over several hours. Proponents claim that gallbladder cleansing helps break up gallstones and stimulates the gallbladder to release them in stool.