- Eat More Veggies. 1/12. Plant-based fiber fills you up without raising blood sugar.
- Cut Back on Starchy Vegetables. 2/12.
- Snack on Fruit. 3/12.
- Choose Whole Grains. 4/12.
- Add More Nuts and Seeds. 5/12.
- Add Some Protein. 6/12.
- Avoid Sugary Drinks. 7/12.
- Limit Added Sugars. 8/12.
Prediabetic Diet Foods
Vegetables, especially non-starchy ones such as salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, zucchini, carrots, spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms. Lean proteins, such as beans, fish, egg whites, tofu, non-fat yogurt, and skinless chicken. Fresh fruit.
What is a good breakfast for a prediabetic person?
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast. 1/13. It’s often called the most important meal of the day.
- Overnight Oatmeal. 2/13.
- Nut Butter and Fruit. 3/13.
- Egg Sandwich. 4/13.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait. 5/13.
- Sweet Potato and Chicken Sausage Hash. 6/13.
- Vegetable Omelet. 7/13.
- Savory Oatmeal. 8/13.
What foods should I avoid if I’m Prediabetic?
Foods to avoid if you are prediabetic include sweets (pastries, cookies, cake, candy, pie, doughnuts), refined carbohydrates (white bread, pasta, bagels, crackers, pretzels), sweetened breakfast cereals, flavored yogurt, fried foods, fatty meats, jams, jellies, potato chips, snack bars, and others.