- Avoid nuts, seeds, dried fruits, dried beans and peas.
- Avoid whole grains and cereals.
- Choose cooked or canned fruits and vegetables over fresh ones.
- Choose white bread, white rice and products made with refined flour.
- Drink juices without pulp.
What foods should I avoid 2 days before a colonoscopy?
- Seeds, nuts, or popcorn.
- Fatty foods.
- Tough meat.
- Whole grains.
- Raw vegetables.
- Fruit with seeds or peel.
- Corn, broccoli, cabbage, beans, or peas.
What is a good diet before a colonoscopy?
The day before the colonoscopy procedure — Don’t eat solid foods. Instead, consume only clear liquids like clear broth or bouillon, black coffee or tea, clear juice (apple, white grape), clear soft drinks or sports drinks, Jell-O, popsicles, etc.
What can you eat 3 days before a colonoscopy?
OK to eat:
- Breads and grains made with refined white flour (including rolls, muffins, bagels, pasta)
- White rice.
- Plain crackers, such as Saltines.
- Low-fiber cereal (including puffed rice, cream of wheat, corn flakes)