- Avoid nuts, seeds, dried fruits, dried beans and peas.
- Avoid whole grains and cereals.
- Choose cooked or canned fruits and vegetables over fresh ones.
- Choose white bread, white rice and products made with refined flour.
- Drink juices without pulp.
What is a good diet before a colonoscopy?
The day before the colonoscopy procedure — Don’t eat solid foods. Instead, consume only clear liquids like clear broth or bouillon, black coffee or tea, clear juice (apple, white grape), clear soft drinks or sports drinks, Jell-O, popsicles, etc.
What foods should I avoid 2 days before a colonoscopy?
- Fruit, including fresh, dried and canned.
- Brown rice or brown pasta.
- High-fibre breakfast cereals (including porridge oats)
- Pulses or lentils.
- High-fibre, multi-seeded, 50/50 or wholemeal bread.
- Nuts or seeds.
- Roasted, deep fried potatoes (including chips)
What should you avoid 3 days before colonoscopy?
NO whole grains or high-fiber:
- Brown or wild rice.
- Whole grain bread, rolls, pasta, or crackers.
- Whole grain or high-fiber cereal (including granola, raisin bran, oatmeal)
- Bread or cereal with nuts or seeds.