- tea and coffee.
- milk and some dairy products.
- foods that contain tannins, such as grapes, corn, and sorghum.
- foods that contain phytates or phytic acid, such as brown rice and whole-grain wheat products.
- foods that contain oxalic acid, such as peanuts, parsley, and chocolate.
What food is highest in iron?
- Dried beef.
What drinks are high in iron?
- Floradix. Although not technically a beverage, Floradix is a liquid iron supplement that’s a good choice for people with low iron stores.
- Prune juice.
- Aviva Romm’s iron tonic.
- Green juice.
- Pea protein shakes.
- Cocoa and beef liver smoothie.
- Spinach, cashew, and raspberry smoothie.
What is a good diet for someone with anemia?
No single food will cure anemia. But eating an overall healthy diet rich in dark, leafy greens, nuts and seeds, seafood, meat, beans, and vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables can help you get the iron you need to manage anemia.