What do you eat for breakfast on the MIND diet?
Start your morning with a brain-boosting breakfast of whole-grain cereal, such as steel-cut oats, with nuts and berries. Schwartz says that blueberries, in particular, promote neural health because they’re loaded with an antioxidant called anthocyanins.
What do you eat on the MIND diet?
- 3+ servings a day of whole grains.
- 1+ servings a day of vegetables (other than green leafy)
- 6+ servings a week of green leafy vegetables.
- 5+ servings a week of nuts.
- 4+ meals a week of beans.
- 2+ servings a week of berries.
- 2+ meals a week of poultry.
Can you lose weight on the MIND diet?
The MIND diet’s focus is on brain and heart health, rather than calorie counting. However, because this diet has a higher emphasis on produce and lean proteins, you may see weight loss if your overall calorie intake has decreased with the change in approach to eating.