The DASH Diet is rich in fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, whole grains, fish, poultry, beans, seeds, and nuts. It is low in salt and sodium, added sugars and sweets, fat and red meats.
What are the 10 best foods for kidney disease?
Read and learn about hide
10 Superfoods for People with Kidney Disease
- Cabbage. With abundant phytochemicals, this cruciferous vegetable is filling and nutritious.
- Red Peppers. Also low in potassium but high in flavor.
- Egg Whites.
- Red Grapes.
What foods improve kidney function?
The Best Foods for Kidney Health
- Dark leafy greens. Dark leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, chard, and collard greens are loaded with vitamins A and C, calcium, and many other important minerals.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Olive oil.
- Fatty fish.
What breakfast is good for kidneys?
Whole foods that aren’t overly processed are generally a good idea for your kidney-friendly breakfast.
- Whole grain cereal, bagel, bread, or English muffin.
- Fresh fruit such as a bowl of cut strawberries, sliced cucumber, or diced bell peppers.
- Plant-based choices like almond milk, peanut butter, and chia seeds.