What are the 10 foods that trigger gout?
- Sugary drinks and sweets.
- High fructose corn syrup.
- Organ meats.
- Game meats.
- Certain seafood, including herring, scallops, mussels, codfish, tuna, trout and haddock.
- Red meats, including beef, lamb pork and bacon.
Which food can reduce uric acid?
- Bananas. If you have developed gout because of high uric acid, then having a banana everyday can reduce lower uric acid in your blood, thereby reducing your risk of gout attacks.
- Citrus fruits.
- Green tea.
Are bananas good for gout?
Bananas are low in purines and high in vitamin C, which makes them a good food to eat if you have gout. Changing your diet to include more low-purine foods, like bananas, can lower the amount of uric acid in your blood and reduce your risk of recurrent gout attacks.